This weeks reading task was on a book named: The Sea Devil. We answered a few questions and worked on our vocab in this task. Ending with a create task, where we had to make a “WANTED” poster for: The Sea Devil. We are learning to justify our opinions about the text.
Statistics Sleeping Lions #2 – Data Tables
If you haven’t seen my first blog-post on our statistical investigation, check it out here: https://peskiarahs.edublogs.org/2022/10/18/statistics-sleeping-lions-problem-plan/
This time we have been working on the Data Tables and Averages. Honey has been added to our group, so now we have 4 people. This was great as it gave us more data to work with. In the first column we put our names so we would know what data was who’s. The following being the hours of sleep we get, for this we had 2 9’s and 2 7’s. The last being our well-being column. All ratings were 7 and above. Stay tuned to see how we analyse our data!
Term 3 Project – Extension
Last Terms project was for us to create a piece of artwork based off of our country picked. I chose Russia and created it on phototopea.
My name is Kiarah and today I will be presenting my Term 3 Art Works project. We were tasked to create a graphic piece of artwork with information from our chosen country. I chose Russia.
Designs such as dots and vines are commonly shown in traditional patterns. I have used squiggly lines to create texture for the border of my centrepiece. Dots are scattered across the screen acting as vines growing out of the flowers, this was made with shapes – circles. Flowers are put in the corners on the top and bottom. I put these in, because I saw that flowers were very common in Russian patterns. I used shapes to create the centre of each petal. Then went in with lines to create texture and a border.
In my centrepiece I have 3 drawings (including the “ArtWorks” sentence), which I thought represented Russian Culture in some way. Starting with the symbol on the soviet union flag. This symbol is made up of a hammer and sickle. I used shapes and dark colour to create a silhouette effect. Moving onto the traditional headpiece on the side. These headpieces were worn by women on their wedding day and all the way until they had their first child.They all look different, but I used shapes such as circles to create the patterns on the inside. Then I used lines to give a layered effect. We have words which technically are made from lines. These words say – Art Works – in the Russian Language (translated on google translate).
My colour palette consisted of black, white and different shades of red. I used Black so my colours would pop, but also put in some white so there would be some nice contrast. I used red because it was a colour on the soviet union and russian flag.